Tuesday 12 July 2011

Charity Shop Chic

Sorry I haven't posted for a while! I have been researching, ebaying, getting inspiration from here there and everywhere. When I was living in WAG and rich people central the charity shops where riddled with designer cast offs. D&G dresses, Pucci tops, Christian Dior clogs I even managed to swindle a Mulberry bag once. Brand new, never touched, it even came with it's own dustbag for crying out loud!

I want my store to be bright, accessible, somewhere that holds parties, cocktails and cupcakes. That has designer cast offs of the vintage variety as well as retro pieces that reflect this seasons trends. I need to crack open the glue and get cutting, sticking and glittering. Understanding the power of this market you begin to realise it was inevitable why it has taken off. It's ethical, affordable, one of a kind...what's not to love? And if you can burn a few calories whilst rummaging and then put it all on again with a cocktail and a cupcake whats not to bloody love. The plan is... well I have a few interviews this week for store manager for some local charity shops. I intend to use my knowledge of my recent retail background and gain more experience within this sector. Giving it my own spin...it also allows me the cash and freedom in the meantime to bulk buy pieces for my own collection. I so hope I get it...anymore bad luck would just about finish me off.





No comments:

Post a Comment